TheCarrotbox.com jewelry blog -- feed your fingers

TheCarrotbox.com modern jewellery blog : obsessed with rings // feed your fingers!

Feed your fingers!
Shop for non-metal rings:
www.thecarrotbox.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Laura Potter / Kami Designs (A Mi Kim)


Trees aren't the only things whose rings reveal their age. "How Old I Am" is an ongoing project by UK artist Laura Potter. In her own words: "I made approximately 100 rings using 0.5mm 18ct gold wire. Each year on my birthday I solder one ring closed around another, thereby producing a chain of connected circles that may be worn together as a ring. The body of the ring builds over time, with each separate wire circle representing a complete year of my life.
This ring will only be finished when I am."



Take an extended lunch, because she has a large portfolio of conceptual jewellery, etc., to explore.



Even more jewellery: