TheCarrotbox.com jewelry blog -- feed your fingers

TheCarrotbox.com modern jewellery blog : obsessed with rings // feed your fingers!

Feed your fingers!
Shop for non-metal rings:
www.thecarrotbox.com

Friday, April 03, 2009

Erin Rose Gardner / Emily Rothschild


When I was a little kid, I knew a (Japanese) song about a girl and her magical overalls. They were magical because if she put a cookie in the bib pocket and gave it a tap, the cookie would become two cookies. Two cookies + tap = four cookies. And so on.* There may have been a lesson in there somewhere, possibly about sharing, or maybe logarithms. I don't know. I was distracted by all the cookies. Sadly, I don't have a pair of magical overalls myself but if I want to see rings self-replicate, I can turn to Portland, Oregon's Erin Rose Gardner. (If her earrings look familiar, it may be because she's also behind The Opulent Project, which I mentioned last April.)


* As I wrote this post, it occured to me that perhaps tapping the pocket caused the cookies to break into pieces, so that they were increasing in number only from a child's perspective. But I seem to recall that the cassette of songs came with a picture book and that the cookies were shown to really be multiplying in magical fashion. And that concludes this edition of the Overthinkers Anonymous Newsletter.



Even more jewellery: